Wednesday, June 14, 2006

The Color of Magic

by Terry Pratchett (read June 2006)
This is the first of many books in the Discworld series; the 2nd one I've read. Magic was enjoyable, and very cleverly written. Rincewind, is a wizard school dropout who is assigned to protect and act as tour guide for Twoflower, who comes to Ankh-Morpork with luggage (that walks) filled with gold. The gold, rather the greed it inspires, brings them into many dangerous experiences. I'd rate this book 4.

This 1st quote is just plain cute:
The spell chose that moment to vault into the temporarily abandoned saddle of Rincewind's consciousness.

Oh, heck! I can't find the last quote. Thought I'd just memorize the page. If it comes to me, I'll enter it here. Let me just say it was a good one!

The other Pratchett novel I've read that I highly recommend is Mort.